The EU Settlement Scheme

The EU Settlement Scheme:

The EU Settlement Scheme is open to EU, EEA or Swiss citizens, as well as relevant family members of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen; including the spouse, child, grandchild or great-grandchild under the age of 21. The dependent child over the age of 21, dependent parent, grandparent, great grandparent or dependent relative of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen or their spouse or civil partner may also be eligible to apply. Usually, you would need to demonstrate that the relationship existed prior to 31 December 2021.

The deadline for most people to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme was 30 June 2021, however, you can still apply if either the deadline for you to apply is after 30 June 2021 or you have ‘reasonable grounds’ for why you did not apply by the deadline. In some circumstances, an application will first need to be made for an EU Settlement scheme family permit. We would recommend discussing your ‘reasonable grounds’ with an immigration specialist.

If you are granted Settled Status, you will have full right to work, study, live, access the NHS and travel freely in and out of the UK. You can apply to switch to settled status as soon as you’re eligible. This is usually after you’ve lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 5 years in a row (known as ‘continuous residence’). The 5 years is counted from the day you started your continuous residence, not the day you were granted pre-settled status.

UK Immigration rules are complex and challenging which is why we work to our client's best interest and understand what is at stake.

Fill out the form and one of our immigration experts will be in touch.


What are the EU Settlement Scheme requirements?
Who does not need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme?
Can I make my application to the EU Settlement Scheme form outside the UK?
What if my EU Settlement Scheme application has been unsuccessful?