Temporary Work Visa

If you are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switserland and intending to work in the UK for up to 12 months you can apply for a Tier 5 Temporary Worker Visa, for example, to work in a role as a charity worker, sportsperson, creative worker, working under international law or on a government authorised exchange scheme. You need to have a Certificate of Sponsorship from a licensed sponsor before you can apply to come to the UK to work. Your work, training or research in the UK must relate to the work of the sponsoring organisation. However, there are some exceptions to this rule as a select number of countries whose nationals apply through the Youth Mobility Scheme can gain UK entry clearance without a job offer. 

Under the Temporary work Visa category there are different types of visa and the most appropriate will depend on the role intended to undertake in the UK. The Five visa types are

Temporary Worker-Charity worker visa, Temporary Worker-Government Authorised Exchange) visa, Temporary Worker-Creative and Sporting) visa, Temporary Worker-Religious Worker visa or Temporary Worker-International Agreement visa. The Youth Mobility Scheme falls under the Tier 5 category, however, this is not exclusively an employment route.

We appreciate how difficult it can be deciding on the best category for you which is why one of our experts can advise you on your options and support you from start to finish; to obtain the desired outcome. We will guide you through the eligibility requirements, ensuring each is being met along with documentation to prove this. One of caseworkers will draft a Letter of Representation highlighting the merits of your case and relating to relevant UK law. Call us on 020 7887 1916, complete the online contact form or get in touch on Skype to discuss your options and get your application started.

UK Immigration rules are complex and challenging which is why we work to our client's best interest and understand what is at stake.

Fill out the form and one of our immigration experts will be in touch.


Can I apply for the Tier 5 Temporary Worker Visa as a sportsperson, artist or entertainer?
Can I apply for a Tier 5 Temporary Worker Visa as a charity or religious worker?
What is the Government Authorised Exchange category?
What is the Youth Mobility Scheme?
What is the genuine Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Migrant Test?
How can Alexandra & Spencer help?

Get a free consultation call from immigration specialist

Our highly professional, dedicated and knowledgeable specialists will do all the hard work to make the immigration process easy and understandable so you will be confident about successful outcome.